Sunday, February 13, 2011

What Does Chic Mean?

 Do you know what does "Chic" mean? Of course you do. 
 "Chic" which means skill, fitness, and elegance. The word chic is basically a French word, which later in 1870's came to be known as an English word. It carried the meaning smart or stylish
In German language it holds the meaning tact or skill. In early years in French it referred to the anglicised and particularly unchic, which was a form of "chick".
The word chick also means a girl who is attractive and fashionable or even stylish. 

Sofia and 2 little bird - art print       © Ella Parry

Now, let me introduce to you the other series of my illustrations: Chic Girl. 
My "Chic Girl" series is somewhat different to my "Little Curly" series.
"Chic Girl" brings out the risqué side of me, empowering women with sexuality
and elegance.
"Chic Girl" is - The fashion meets the art, the creative meets the seductive.

Anyone can adore my "Girls" as they are all simply adorable!




You can find the collection of "Chic Girl" greeting cards, art prints and bookmarks (coming back to my shop very soon) at my etsy artshop.

Miss Lulu - art print    © Ella Parry
Chic Girl bookmarks are back soon!
Chic Girl greeting cards, coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment