Tuesday, December 27, 2011

DIY MASON JAR SOAP DISPENSER!

   This comes from www.notjustpaperandglue.com .   Cute, unique and very easy to make, instead of the regualr plasitc bottles that it usually comes in.  Also it wouldn't need to be refilled very often.  Enjoy!


Mason Jar Soap Dispenser
Pinterest is one of my favorite places to browse for inspiration. One of the most fascinating things I have found are soap dispensers made from old mason jars. I have plenty of mason jars so this would be a great addition to our master bathroom.



Source: theblissfullycontentlife.blogspot.com via Not Just Paper and Glue on Pinterest
I wanted to add some decoration to the soap dispensers but I knew I could not put anything on the outside that could not be washed down. The perfect solution would be to put the decoration on the inside.
I found some clear pump bottles that fit perfectly inside of my pint jars. I had my husband drill a hole into each of the jar lids and then I attached the bottles to the lids.


dispenser-top inside-bottle
I sprinkled glitter onto Sticky Paper and then placed an Art Acetate over the top of the glittered Sticky Paper and wrapped it around the bottle.
I cut out another piece of Sticky Paper with my Silhouette for the label and glittered it with the same colors I used for the background. I adhered the glittered Sticky Paper label to the colored cardstock and adhered the label to the inside of the jars with small pieces of WonderFilm.


Soap-Dispenser-Green_thumb Soap-Dispenser-Pink_thumb



I slipped the bottled that was wrapped with the glittered background into the jar and screwed on the outer ring.
I also used my Silhouette to cut out the word “Soap” from vinyl and placed it on the outside of jar. The vinyl is washable so this should make for easy clean up.


Soap-Dispensers_thumb
Does this look like a doable project?

No comments:

Post a Comment