Sunday, October 31, 2010

Turn Your Hobby Into A Business - Part 1

Publishing my own greeting cards:
Little Curly  new greeting card: Happy Birthday!
 
I had not really thought of producing my work as cards until a girl who saw my work posted on Saatchi online Gallery and sent me a message to ask where she could buy my prints or cards, I also received numerous friends’ requests about the availability of cards and seen other artists selling their work on line, so I started to do some research on the internet about “How to sell your art online”…..... Then I found a site for artists to sell handmade craft, I signed up as member to learn how do other artists sell their work, a few months later I set up Ella Parry online shop and started selling my own greeting cards  which are now sold in a variety of locations! :)

All Ella's new greeting cards will be selling @ www.ellaparry.com Soon!
I print the cards myself rather than employing a printer; I have found this is the cheapest & most convenient option, which allows me to control all aspects of the service from printing quality to maintaining an appropriate level of stock.

I use a 6-colour Epson Photo Stylus printer (its does super print), I get most of my greeting cards (blank cards, envelopes and cello bag) from recycled papers suppliers - eco-craft Ltd
 * Tips: Purchase them in bull to keep cost down.

All cards are made using:
* 100% recycled texture white card
* 100% recycled envelope
* biodegradable cello bag
* cards are blank inside
* hand decorated
All images are from Ella’s original illustrations 
*All Ella 's greeting cards will be available @ www.ellaparry.com 
Very Soon!!!!


Support Artists!
*Buy handmade and you support a true artist
*Support Independent artists by buying their work on artist's website!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment